Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This Is Starting To Annoy The Crap Out of Me!

I wasn't an active Twitter user. But the past few days have been somewhat laidback in the office, so it was the perfect time to catch up with those people I've been following. But there is just one thing that has started to annoy the crap out of me, and I'm sure those who have Twitter accounts could relate to this:

Every time you look at someone's Twitter page or refresh your own homepage, this freagen thing comes out! I first saw this at Chico Garcia's Strange Fruit blog entry, but I didn't really care. But now that I've been using my Twitter account again, it's been crazy annoying. The first time I thought it was cute, seeing the whale being lifted from the sea by a flock of birds. But now, it's like a virus alert on brand spanking new Macbook!

Is this how cramped our net space is already? Must be cramped as hell! I think that's how much junk there is in the world wide web nowadays. It's like people in the shanties. They start building their homes in an empty, vacant lot. It's just one or two houses, but before you know it, it's an entire community, multiplying by 5 dozen every two minutes. And it's not just the squatting families, it's the dirt and trash that contribute to the pollution.

The problem lies in control. Once they've squatted on that land, they think it's theirs even if you slap that piece of paper that tell them it's yours and you have the right to make them leave. Similar to the net, people just keep inputting, downloading, uploading stuff to the net. It's cramped, crowded, overpopulated. And it's hard to tell people to go away.

And I think I'm part of that. How ironic! (sarcastic laughter in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails