Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Chicken That Made Me Eat RICE!

I don't eat rice. For the precious few who get to read my blog, I think I've said that quite a few times around here. I've found out that rice has been my mortal enemy and everytime I eat rice, I pack on the pounds!

But last Tuesday, while walking around Greenbelt I decided to finally try this much-talked and raved about poultry dish in town! Oh yes, I am talking about the world-famous BonChon Chicken - voted as best chicken in America.


I was lucky that night because the line wasn't too long and there were still some seats available. The one at the Ayala Triangle Gardens is always SUPER PACKED! It was 7.30PM, dinner time for most people, so it was a relief to be 2nd in line.

I ordered their Chicken Chops. Ms. Ordertaker asked me if I wanted it in garlic or spicy. I was iffy about "spicy" anything because they end up not being spicy. But I was thrilled when I found out I could order half and half.

It didn't take long for the order to arrive. Despite the influx of hungry customers, BonChon impressed me with their quick service. When the chops arrived, it came in this cute box that could transform as your plate.



It was so good..so good I ate rice hahaha but just a few spoonfuls of it. I LOVED their SPICY CHICKEN CHOP, I felt like I was eating siling labuyo. Authentic spicy flavor. I also loved that the meat was tender, but the skin was left cripsy. It made this crunching sound every time I cut it up with my spoon!

I also found out that BonChon uses the Korean-style of cooking - the chickens are marinaded in sweet and salty soy garlic sauce, fried twice (which they say makes fried chicken less greasy and fatty), and served CRISPY.

My own blog entry is making me crave for BonChon Chicken! It's such a hit here in Makati, and I'm glad I was finally able to get on the BonChon band wagon! Annyeong haseyo!! :)


BonChon Chicken
Greenbelt 1, Ayala Center, Makati City
Tel. No. 519-8438
Open daily, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.


P.S. Sorry again for the crappy photos, I just used my camera phone. It was dark outside. :(

6 comments:

  1. I'm so intrigued by this Bon Chon Chicken. Hmmm...

    Send virtual recipes to your family and friends with this app:

    http://www.facebook.com/magnoliachickenstation?v=app_181253895237966 Try it NOW!!!

    For more recipes, please visit: http://filipinorecipe-tv.com

    Happy cooking! :9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Its' really, really good. I was a bit skeptical about it because I thought it was just something USO. But when I tasted it, I knew I had to come back for more of that spicy CHOP!

    Lemme know how BonChon works for you when you do get to try it out!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarrrrap! The first time I tried it in SG I super liked it already. I'm so happy the franchise was brought here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grabeng sarap noh?? Can't wait to have another go at BonChon! At least may justice to all this hype cos it's super GOOD!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recipes, restaurant reviews, found food articles and food photos at http://epicureanenthusiast.blogspot.com/

    Follow me and I'll follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ms. Morgan! Thanks for the comment!! :) Would love to read about your restaurant reviews...will follow you! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Quick Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails