After a long stressful week, don't you just feel like relaxing and actually stop thinking of other bothersome things? And since I was sick for some time, besides eating my favorite comfort food, the next best thing is to have a MASSAGE. And that's exactly what I did on a Friday night, and it was just damn good!!
Salcedo Village in Makati is a more residential area compared to neighboring Legaspi Village. There are more condominiums where expats/other foreigners live, so there a lot of spas located in this area. And one of them of was THE LOTUS.
It's such a simple spa place, no frills at all. When I got there, there where only a few people waiting for their masseuse. I was asked to fill up a form since it was my first time at that spa. I chose their LOTUS SIGNATURE ADVANCED MASSAGE. I was told it was a combination of the Tuina, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, and Balinese massages.
Almost immediately, I had my feet dipped in warm water, relaxing in one of their bamboo chairs. Afterwards, I was assigned a tiny massage room, with a very comfortable massage bed. Like any spa, you'd have to take of your top (bra included), and they just give you a pair of shorts to wear.
And then...the massaging began. I love HARD massages. It relaxes me more and I feel that they really get to knead my muscles well. No more pictures after this, I was busy getting pampered. But I made a mental list of PROS and CONS for this spa. Check it out.
- Place was really quiet, very clean, and had a very relaxed environment
- Friendly masahistas (masseuse)
- Really comfortable massage bed
- Room temperature wasn't too cold, but not too hot either
- Masseuse kept asking for constant feedback on the pressure
- Main desk assistant kept disappearing to smoke. When I got there I had to wait for a couple of minutes to register. And when it was time to pay up, the masseuse had to look for her outside.
- Too much oil was used. I had to ask for a warm towel to get the excess oil after the session.
- My masseuse, although she was really, really GOOD, had colds. I had the cough, so I wasn't really thrilled to be in one room with someone with colds.
- No brochure nor calling card. Yes, it's that non-descript.
So when you're in the Salcedo Village area, why not drop by The Lotus. Overall I had a really good experience, not bad for my first time. I love how my masseuse, BABY, gave me a hard Lotus Signature, I even got stretched so my muscles are a bit more flexible now.
Click on the images so you guys could check out their list of services, prices, and branches.
If you want a cheap massage with good service, then come on over to The Lotus. I swear, you'll feel relaxed. Had a good night's sleep that night! :)
P.S. Sorry for the crappy photos, didn't bring my DSLR. :)
The Lotus My Massage Place
G/F Vernida IV Bldg.
San Agustin St., Salcedo Village, Makati City
Tel. No. 211-8145
Mobile No. 0917-5409246