Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Outpour of Reality

Since I haven't been blogging about my escapades, let me just write about sudden realizations. This is about people and work. Although I should really stop talking about work in my blog. But it's something that cannot be helped...TRUST ME! So here goes my blog on reality.

Realization #1: Still lucky to be have money every 15th and 30th of the month
My best friends (Trency and Amanda) are all employed right now. Although their rendezvous with the world of employment have been anything but a smooth ride or it's short-lived, their respective jobs right now have been lucrative. Trency is enjoying extra income when she gets past her quota (which is I think all the time), and Amanda is living the high-life with a ridiculously high pay (when I say ridiculous, just trust me!).

But the sad part is that yesterday she calls me up telling me that she wasn't gonna get extended. She loves the pay, but the labor..well that's another story, a story that's not mine to share. So yeah, it just means that she has to kiss her ridiculously high pay goodbye. And I feel bad for her. Among us, she's had the most challenging experiences when it comes to work. Maybe it's just her unlucky streak which she has to break.

Well there I was yesterday complaining about my work. Although my position still hasn't changed, I am still lucky I'm here. I'm lucky that I can still look forward to the middle and end of the months for my pay. Although I'd give anything just to be a bum for a while! :)

Realization #2: I got true friends already, I guess there's less need for more
Last night, I met up with Par (a college kabarkada) at Starbucks in Valero. She's the type of girl who's very outgoing, friendly, and talkative. Because of that attitude, she's earned a lot of friends. I sometimes wish I had her personality, but sometimes that internal mataray biatch gets the better of me (:p).

But last night she shared some thing highly unusual of her. And I felt the similarity in our situation. I don't want to divulge much, I guess the sub-head gives it all away anyway. It's hard to really assert yourself when they've made certain cliques already. Me and Par haven't been "the newbies" in a long time, so right now we're still groping our way around people. It sucks I tell ya! It makes the days go by much slower, and it makes the days sad. We both said that we really don't care anymore, we both have tried and tested friends already, and that would be enough. But we both wish we still had the same kind of people in our environment. It helps a lot especially when you're not exactly thrilled with the goings-on.

Realization #3: Some people are just plain papansin
In as much as I want to be friendly and all smiles to people I have just met, it is quite hard to not listen to the voice inside my head that says other things that's really not worth saying out loud. In the comfort and quiet of my own brain, I can really make nasty comments. One of my pet peeves, besides stupidity and utter slowness, are papansin people. I hate it when they feel they have to be above everybody else. I hate people who are stuck up, who doesn't know how to have fun even if you look like an idiot while at it. I wish I could really describe in absolute detail, like that of an HD flat screen TV, how this annoying attitude pisses the hell out of me. I've suffered through a lot of talk, which are always one-sided, about that person. This and that about "me". And how he thinks he should be the highlight of every damn thing that happens.

Oh and it's not just being papansin, I may not be the perfect employee or subordinate, but hey I know how to do my job. I want to finish stuff that's assigned to me on or before. And if that person detests being on time, well SAVE US FROM IT. I, for one, isn't exactly interested in getting pulled down by such attitude. It's annoying the crap out of me.

So there. Just some realizations. You can't change people because that's how they are. But I'm just hoping that I get saved from them. That's why being alone does the trick. I have no problems whatsoever in being alone. It saves me the crap of putting up a front for people, and it saves me from getting pissed off! :) So this is how peace on our planet could be achieved, me thinks. If you just stay out of trouble, or choose your own troubles, and try hard not to be the "fire starter", I guess you're at peace with yourself and everybody else in between.

I swear I really need to stat posting pics about my escapades. This blog is getting to be a drab. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails