Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Twice's the Charm

There's this saying that goes, "Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me." Well, it seemed that for 8065 Bagnet, the 2nd time seemed to have worked wonders, and it didn't make a FOOL out of ME! Last Sunday, my good friend Mariko and her HS barkada, passed by our village to eat at the now-popular bagnet place. Alas, it was still closed when they came over.

So the next day, still very adamant in eating at 8065, she came back, now with Tita Mavic, her Mom. And this was where things turned around (for me, anyway). Since it was hot out, we opted to stay inside. It really had this nice, relaxed, homey feel to it. With the dimmed lights and the cool air, it's almost like a nice spot for an intimate dinner. :)

The cool thing was there were books neatly stacked on a bookshelf, and that the walls and tables were free for everyone to WRITE ON! There's Mariko and Tita Mavic having the time of their lives scratching/etching stuff on the table. :)




Apparently, there was also Quiz Night in this small place. Trency, Gladys, Amanda, and I used to head on over to 121 at Allegro, Pasong Tamo Ext., for Quiz Night. And that board reminded me of how fun it was. I miss quiz nights!

We also found out that Kitchie Nadal's sister owned the place. Tita Mavic snooped around because she saw the awards of Kitchie displayed on the shelves. But it seemed that the waiters and waitresses didn't want to tell us the name of the sister. Weird! Or they didn't know her name? Even more weird!


But the salvation was really in the food. I said in my first blog about 8065 Bagnet that if and when I come back I'd go for the original bagnet. And thank you Lord God did I order that this time around. It was great! Consistency wise, it was perfect. The melt-in-your-mouth type of meat. I would definitely recommend it to first time bagnet-eaters.

8065 Bagnet, you saved your selves! Twice's the charm! The Ilokana in me just gave all of you a two-thumbs up!

There's another bagnet place near our former Alma Maters. When we passed by it, the name was STOOPS. Gotta try that one, just so I could compare which one's better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails