Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Diner Style ala Grams

Diner-style establishments amaze me because they're not a Filipino concept. It's not an everyday thing for us, so when an opportunity comes to get to eat in one, you just go grab it. Given it's price and it's inaccessibility to some, diner-style establishments only cater to a specific crowd, which is a bit saddening. There are so much stuff in their menu that's not available in a McDonald's, and they have different twists to their meals that make it such a fun place to go to.

I remember falling in love with "diners" when we ate at Mr. Jones. A bit pricey, sure, but dear God it was really good. And I'm glad I was able to experience it all over again, this time at Grams.

Located at Rockwell, this place is a bit hidden. It's clumped along with Starbucks and Pancake House. It's quite popular with the young ones, since it's very near Ateneo Professional Schools.

It was a stormy Thursday night, when I accompanied two very hungry Ateneans (yikes! :p) Trency and Kenn. Since I was still full, I only had coffee which was unbelievably REFILLABLE (yes, I was thrilled to the bones!). But the two hungry ones had this.
My refillable coffee! I ended up having 2 cups that night!

This was Trency's Chicken and Pork Adobo. Really good and very tasty! Tender meaty goodness. I also loved how they cooked their scrambled egg. Highly recommended! :D

This would be a very hungry Kenn. He had 2-pcs. fried chicken with mashed potatoes and buttered vegetables. Sorry we weren't close so I didn't have the guts to ask for some dibs! :D

Looking around, I saw people eating merrily. It was kind of weird because it was close to 12mn but there were still a lot of people milling around. In fact, the place was as noisy as hell!


I'm sorry, about this, but this was just too cute. This was their bathroom sign. Since it was the bagno for both male and female, they came up with a totally creative sign!

I'd definitely want to come back to Grams and EAT. I just hate that I was too full that night. But I will be back just so I could taste something that came from here. And yes, compared to Mr. Jones, Grams is definitely more affordable! :D

Now I think, it's also time to taste Johnny Rockets at Eastwood. :D


Grams
The Rockwell Club
23 Amorsolo Drive, Rockwell Center
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel. No. 756-1535

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails