Monday, April 4, 2011

Ayala Triangle Gardens Edition 1: BANAPPLE

I've heard people rave about Banapple. But I think I've been such a non-conformist foodie that I only get on the hype when everybody's been sick and tired of it. Primary examples of these are BonChon and Wingman. I'm weird that way! But at least I get an idea of what to order and what to completely avoid!

So one day my officemate and friend since our grade school days, Kim, decided to walk several blocks down from our office to the Ayala Triangle Gardens just to get take out food from Banapple. Thank God it's just near, and there are more food choices. It's almost a blessing from above!

I ordered their Pasta - cheesy and creamy penne!


Although the picture looks disgusting, let me tell you, it was SO WONDERFULLY GOOD! I LOVE pasta and it has been my alternative since I don't eat rice. I couldn't stop saying how good it was! My other officemates dug in, and they loved it too!

For dessert Kim and I bought their world-famous Banoffee Pie.

But I have to say, I was disappointed with this. I like Starbucks' banoffee pie WAY BETTER. Although they were very generous with their bananas. It just didn't match my expectations, since everybody was saying it was to die for. Maybe I should also get to try their other cakes too.

I also ordered their giant Chocolate Chip Cookie!

This was good, although I felt dizzy afterwards. It was just so butter-y. But the huge chocolate chips were good, when you bite into the cookie and you get a huge chunk in your mouth! Love it! :D

I gotta do Banapple much more justice than this. I think I have to try some more of their desserts. Although I am pretty impressed that their non-dessert stuff are really good! Banapple is one of the first restaurants at the Triangle that get filled up pretty much fast, plus a lot of people taking out desserts!

Oh and by the way, since the Ayala Triangle Gardens have been my frequent hang out places for a quick dinner with friends, I am to do a foodie trip starting with this entry! So stay tuned for the food blog series! :)

Banapple
Ayala Triangle Gardens, Ayala Avenue, Makati City
Tel No. 438-2675
Website: http://www.banapplekitchen.com

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to taste Banapple's pastries. I only got to taste their lasagna roll ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Jenn Banapple is the ultimate paradise for people with a sweet tooth! Their pastries look really good, pathetic lang namin that we chose the cookies instead of the others! Pero cookies pa lang..masarap na! :)

    ReplyDelete

Quick Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails