Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Fother's Day Dinner @ LU

Yep! You read it right. Fother's Day. You see, to those who know me, I only have a Mom. But if I write down the whole story, it'll take up most of the blog entry. So to make the long story short, I have a Mom who is both a mother and father to me. And I couldn't ask for more! :)

So last June 20, I decided to treat her to LU, the restaurant she's been wanting to eat in for quite some time now. She heard Ricky Carandang rave about LU's porkchops on ANC. And I've also read some reviews about this place. So it was a perfect excuse to spend. :)

I've blogged about me spending money on food, and I must tell you every single peso I paid was freaking worth it at LU! Here's what we ordered:

Lamb Bolognese on Rigatoni. I must say that that week I had the misfortune of eating great tasting pasta with UNDERCOOKED noodles. The noodles were again a bit tough, Mom commented that they might have been scared to overcook the noodles. Either way, it was delicious! It was a bit maasim, but the LAMB was yummy! No malansa taste for this lamb dish! :) A must try! :D

LU's Ultimate Porkchops. And oh. my. was it ULTIMATE! ULTIMATELY TO-DIE-FOR! We understood at once, make that at first bite, why Ricky Carandang just can't get enough of this! The porkchop was HUGE! And super duper tender! YUMMY!!

That would be my Mother, or should I say, Fother, cutting up the porkchops! :p

Mom and I aren't really heavy eaters, but we finished every single thing on our plates! It was yummy! And right now, I dream about going back to LU just to eat! I have to order those damn porkchops again, and the famous Truffled Mac & Cheese! :)

I wanted dessert to go, because Mom wanted to have coffee. So I ordered this gem of a dessert. Presenting the PB&J Tart! :)

I am on a constant diet, because if I don't watch what I eat, I'd be as big as the globe! Seriously! But this damn thing did me in! Mom's not into sweets either, but she loved this! I have a love affair with peanut butter, I don't and will not ever get tired of it, so this was the ultimate treat for me. Good Lord in Heaven Above! If you guys are planning on eating at LU, please leave space for dessert, because you will miss out on a WHOLE FREAKING LOT when you don't order this one! AND WITH COFFEE, Diyos ko PATAYAN NA TALAGA!

But like any restaurant, LU has it's flaws. Despite it being high-end, the staff seemed to be a bit negligent. I've heard stories about long waiting periods, and it was sad to have seen it. The family beside us was not thrilled after waiting for some time for their FLOUNDER to arrive. And I noticed there were several tables still without food even when they ordered before we did.

But still, I would highly recommed LU because of the GOOD FOOD. They say it's Moroccan, but they have other things on the menu. When I go back, I'd have to try their cocktails especially the Diab-LU. :)

It was a lovely way to celebrate Father's Day. I love treating Mom to fancy shmancy stuff once in a while because I know she appreciates the gesture. So to my beloved Mama, Happy Fother's Day. I love you!! :)


So if in Rockwell, pass by LU and you won't be sorry! Reservations are a must because the place really fills up! :)
Lu Restaurant, Rockwell
G/F Joya Bldg., Joya Drive, Rockwell
Makati City, Metro Manila
To reserve: please call (+632) 403-3991

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Links

Related Posts with Thumbnails